Limitless Axes & Ales is looking for a talented manager to join our team in our new Pleasanton location (no axe throwing experience needed). Located in Valley Plaza, we are a high volume entertainment facility specializing in competitive indoor axe throwing.
- Bar and restaurant management experience required
- Preferred but not required: Experience with ADP, Deputy, Bookeo, or other comparable software in employee scheduling, processing payroll, and customer scheduling software
- Required: Food safety certification (able to earn upon hire)
- Required TIPS certification (able to earn upon hire)
- Must be available nights/weekends, holidays
- Opportunity to advance or expand in a career with company growth
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a positive, guest-centered culture
- Supervise concierge, bar area, and Axeperts
- Responsible for creating and enforcing employee schedule
- Responsible for submitting and checking payroll for accuracy
- Maintain appearance, functionality, and safety of entire premises
- Responsible for maintaining inventory and ordering supplies as needed in a timely manner
- Complete administrative paperwork (including but not limited to opening/closing procedure, cash handling) as directed
- Ensure compliance with licensing, health, hygiene and safety standards & guidelines (must acquire NY Food Protection Certification)
- Ensure compliance with bar guidelines and local laws (must acquire NYATAP or TIPS certification)
- Communicate with upper management and team members through consistent daily interactions and pre-shift meetings
- Recruit, train, and develop top notch team members
- Conduct periodic reviews for hourly employees focused on performance and development
- Understanding of P&L reports, budgets
- Ability to resolve conflicts in a professional manner
- Ensure the best possible guest experience for private and corporate events, including set up and clean-up
- Other tasks as assigned
- 1+ years bar or restaurant management, or full service guest experience preferred
- High volume guest experience or equivalent
- 1+ years of college preferred
- Good communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Approachable, trustworthy, flexible, honest and high integrity a must
- Ability to use smartphones, tablets, and learn new software
- Attention to detail, well organized with ability to multi-task
- Must stand for entirety of shift
- Must be able to lift at least 30 pounds
- Must have full range of motion of arms and hands to reach, grasp, and place
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
- Part-Time / Full-Time Available – FLEXIBILITY with scheduling days/hours a plus! Weekends a must! NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED! We will provide all the techniques and knowledge you need to make every Limitless Axe Lounge, Inc. guest a truly kick axe experience.
- Captivate guests by providing an enthusiastic experience.Upholding our safety protocols to ensure staff and guests’ continued safety.
- Oversee the matches and games between guests and keep score throughout.
- Quality control of facilities, ranges, and equipment.
- Serving drinks/food to our guests.
- Venue cleaning and janitorial duties as assigned. Fully and safely teach throwing/curling to all guests.
AAP/EEO Statement: Limitless Axes & Ales is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment opportunities at Limitless Axe Lounge, Inc. are based upon one's qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy governs all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, selection, job assignment, promotions, transfers, compensation, discipline, termination, layoff, access to benefits and training, and all other conditions and privileges of employment. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations as necessary and where required by law so long as the accommodation does not pose an undue hardship on the business. This policy is not intended to afford employees with any greater protections than those which exist under federal, state or local law. Limitless Axe Lounge, Inc.strongly urges the reporting of all instances of discrimination and harassment, and prohibits retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination, harassment or participates in an investigation of such a report. Limitless Axe Lounge, Inc. will take appropriate disciplinary action, up to and including immediate termination, against any employee who violates this policy.
Repots to: General Manager., Manager, Key Hourly